Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Five County Southern Maryland Cruise

A great time was had by all in attendance.  The cruise that consisted of about a three hour tour (not like Gilligan's island) thru five Counties in Southern Maryland.  There were no incidents or issues during the ride and the weather was perfect.  This was a plan that I had since last year, but never did happen.  I thought a ride like this would/could be weekly or at least monthly, but did not recieve much response.  Lawrence Morris and I were riding on Sunday and decided to take a ride on Monday (Memorial day), then it clicked.....the five County!  It's so much more fun riding than sitting around.  I look at it like this...can you imagine having a shiny new bike as a kid....and not riding it....come on now!  Anyway, It was short notice and I apologize to anyone who felt left out.  We made alot of phone calls, and these folks showed up ready to go!  (from left to right)

Walt Spangler (40 ford), Raymond Good (68 Camaro), Lawrence Morris (55 chevy), Norman and Mrs. Burch (66 Plymouth), Steve Garner (67 GTA Mustang), Harry Adams (65 GT350 Mustang), Derek and Hope Johann (32 Ford), Wade Mahaffey (27 Roadster), Duayne and Rose Milstead (Dodge Challenger not pictured) was there for half of the ride but had other commitments.  Thanks to all who participated and had a good time...I KNOW I DID!

The photo was taken after a Roy Rogers lunch at Solomons Island Maryland.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time. If anyone would like the pictures from today just email me at hnd1990@yahoo.com.. I think I have about 28 picture.

    Hope n Derek Johann

    ReplyDelete