Saturday, July 24, 2010

"I MET A BUNCH OF HEROES TODAY"

I took the roadster to a car show today.  it was at the Veterans home in Charlotte Hall Maryland.  I got there a little late, but I arrived to find the veterans roaming around looking at the cars.  I got out and shook as many hands as I could.  I told them it was my pleasure to meet them (most in wheel chairs).  I did'nt get to spend much time with my car show friends, for I was focused on the reason I enjoy myself today USA VETERANS.  I got a trophy just like everyone else.  When I think of a trophy, I think of a champion.  After everyone got their trophies and had left, I marched my trophy in the building and found a "REAL CHAMPION"...."A REAL HERO".  I found Mr. Gilbert Wurzbacker a Korean War Veteran who served on the USS FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT.  The second of the three Midway Class Aircraft Carriers.  Then from 1958 to the early eighties was a Baltimore City Maryland Career Firefighter. Mr. Wurzbacker is a Champion and I awarded him my trophy. "I MET A BUNCH OF HEROES TODAY"  
pictured is Gilbert, myself, and Gilbert's daughter Shirley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment